Great Lakes Brewing Co. wishes all a “Merry Christmas Ale!” as it prepares the first ale pour of the season. Here are some things to know about the annual event:
• Pour Party will be at Great Lakes Brewing Company, 2516 Market Ave. in Cleveland, on Oct. 26. The ale is exclusively available at the brewpub that day.
• The event is free and open to the public, but guests must be 21 or older to attend.
• Doors will open at 11 a.m. and “Brewery Santa” will deliver the first keg of Christmas Ale at 11:30 a.m. Christmas Ale-themed menu specials will be available.
• In the beer garden, DJ Misfit Toy will spin classic and eclectic holiday vinyl from 4 to 9 p.m. Santa will be available for photos from 4 to 7 p.m. Brewnuts will be for sale from 11 a.m. until they run out. Christmas Ale yule logs are also available for purchase.
• A #MerryChristmasAle Weekly Competition — Oct. 26 to Dec. 31 — will be held where Christmas Ale merchandise items will be awarded weekly at greatlakesbrewing.com/MerryChristmasAle until Dec. 31. Each weekly winner will be automatically qualified to win the grand prize, a GLBC branded Igloo Retro fridge.
• On Oct. 30, Christmas Ale bottle and kegs will be available in the Great Lakes Brewing Co. gift shop and in stores.