What: Sounds of Summer Concerts
Where: Holden Arboretum, 9550 Sperry Road, Kirtland
When: Concerts begin at 7 p.m. The 2018 summer schedule is as follows:
- June 19 – Cleveland Institute of Music performance
- June 26 – Loch Erie, Celtic folk
- July 3 – Sands & Hearn, singer-songwriter/Americana
- July 10 – Moustache Yourself, Gypsy jazz
- July 17 – Light of 2 Moons, light classic rock
- July 24 – The Next Nolan, bluegrass
- July 31 – Cleveland Institute of Music, violin & guitar duo
- Aug. 7 – Cleveland Institute of Music, bassoon with woodwinds
Why you should go: If there’s anything better than enjoying world-class music, it’s enjoying music outdoors, in a beautiful garden setting.
What else to know: Guests should bring a blanket or lawn chair, and they can bring a picnic supper. Food also will be available for purchase from the concert caterer, and beer and wine will be sold during the concert (sorry, no outside alcohol allowed).
How much: Admission and concerts are free for members. Nonmembers can pay $5 after 5 p.m. Tuesdays to enter the Arboretum. If you come earlier, admission is $10, and you’ll have more time to explore the grounds. Consider shelling out an extra $4 to see the awesome view from the Murch Canopy Walk and Kalberer Emergent Tower.
How to get more information: Visit holdenarb.org/visit/events-lectures/sounds-of-summer-garden-concerts.
Image: Rhododendron blooms at Holden Arboretum (News-Herald file)