Now at the age of 17, “Menopause The Musical” is making a return visit to Cleveland.
According to a news release from GFour Productions — a company that boasts of 44 Tony Awards and 54 Drama Desk Awards — the fiery female fun will heat up the Hanna Theater at Playhouse Square July 31 through Aug. 12.
From the release:
“‘Menopause The Musical’ is a groundbreaking celebration of women who are on the brink of, in the middle of, or have survived ‘The Change.’ Now celebrating 17 years of female empowerment through hilarious musical comedy, ‘Menopause The Musical’ has evolved as a “grassroots” movement of women who deal with life adjustments after 40 by embracing each other and the road ahead.”
If you’re new to the show or need a reminder, it’s set in a department store, where four women meet while shopping a lingerie sale.
“After noticing unmistakable similarities among one another, the cast jokes about their woeful hot flashes, mood swings, wrinkles, weight gain and much more,” the release states. “These women form a sisterhood and unique bond with the entire audience as they rejoice in celebrating that menopause is no longer ‘The Silent Passage.’”
Here is the performance schedule:
- Tuesday, July 31, 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 1, 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 2, 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 3, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 4, 1:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 5, 1 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 8, 1:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 9, 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Aug.10, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 11, 1:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 12, 1 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Mark Meszoros has enjoyed a production of “Menopause The Musical,” even if he can’t say he entirely related to it. Follow him on Twitter @MarkMeszoros. Image credit: GFour Productions.