What: Lakewood Summer Solstice Celebration
Where: Lakewood Park Solstice Steps, 14532 Lake Ave., Lakewood
When: June 21, the summer solstice, from 6 to 10:30 p.m. The sun sets at 9:04 p.m. Note: The event will be canceled in the event of rain.
Why you should go: What better way to celebrate the official start of summer — and the longest day of the year — than with a DJ, live music, food trucks and activities. Some of what’s on the schedule:
- View the sky through telescopes with the Cuyahoga Astronomical Association
- Join a drum circle with Beck Center for the Arts and Cleveland Clinic Arts & Medicine Institute
- Do yoga with Pink Lotus Yoga
- Get your face painted with H2O – Help to Others
- Take part in games and activities with the Lakewood Recreation Department, and NASA Glenn Research Center
How much: Free!
How to get more information: Check out the event page on Facebook.