An annual Holiday Lights tradition sets a glow in the winter landscape Nov. 23-Dec. 30 at Carlisle Visitor Center in LaGrange.
A half-mile paved loop trail around the visitor center at 12882 Diagonal Road in LaGrange offers decorated trail stations with themes from classic holiday songs or movies to whatever local businesses and groups create.
Little Green Choo Holiday Express runs daily Nov. 23 to Dec. 23 through another decorated trail.
Refreshments for a small fee are offered inside Carlisle Visitor Center by Friends of Metro Parks.
Classic holiday movies will play in the visitor center, with featured activities on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings.
Visiting hours are 6 to 9 p.m. Sundays through Thursdays, and 6 to 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. The event is closed Dec. 25. Special hours for the trail only are 5 to 8 p.m. Dec. 24.
Admission is free; however, a donation of a non-perishable food item for Second Harvest Food Bank is appreciated.
Also, a “Wildlife Giving Tree” will be available for items needed to care for residents of the raptor center at Carlisle Visitor Center as well as other wildlife at Lorain County Metro Parks.
For information visit, www.metroparks.cc, or call 440-458-5121, ext. 232.
Special activity days include:
- Visit with Santa at Holiday Lights, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Nov. 29. Free with canned food donation. Selfies welcomed.
- Balloon twisting at Holiday Lights, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Dec. 2.
- Oberlin Choristers at Holiday Lights, 7:30-8:15 p.m. Dec. 3, youth choir.
- Golden Crescent Chorus at Holiday Lights, 7:30-8:15 p.m. Dec. 5, barbershop quartet.
- Santa at Holiday Lights, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Dec. 6.
- Red Hackle Pipes and Drums at Holiday Lights, 7:30-8 p.m. Dec. 17.
- The Sharon’s Sign-ers at Holiday Lights, 7:30-8:15 p.m. Dec. 19, pairs American Sign Language with holiday favorite songs.
Visit www.metroparks.cc to learn about more special events.
Follow Carol Harper on Twitter @mj_charper. Image: Morning Journal file photo.