To celebrate the widely recognized (and somewhat scrutinized by singles) Hallmark holiday, the analysts at CableTV.com created a national report revealing each state’s favorite romantic comedy film, according to a news release.
Which rom-com classics does America enjoy the most? According to Ohio, Groundhog Day hits the spot.
The release went on to note the following highlights:
- Over one in every four states chooses Pretty in Pink as their rom-com top choice! All hail, John Hughes.
- Everyone likes a movie that hails from their hometown: every one in seven states most enjoys movies filmed in their state the most.
- Maine, which has the oldest median age in the United States, goes old school with It Happened One Night.
- Oregon keeps it weird with Amélie, a quirky French film about an off-beat romance.
- South Dakota, which rates in the top five highest birth rates in the U.S., gets Knocked Up a little more often.
Read the full report here.
Image credit: CableTV.com