Lorain County Metroparks offers at least three opportunities for families to enjoy summer camp with their youngster.
Are you ready for an adventure?
Park Trekkers Family Camp runs 9:30-11:30 a.m. on Thursdays from June 27 through August 8 (but no camp on July 4) at Carlisle Visitor Center at 12882 Diagonal Road near LaGrange.
Topics include discovering wildlife habitats:
- June 27, Habitat investigation intro
- July 11, Forest finds
- July 18, Marvelous meadows
- July 25, Wet & wild wonders
- August 1, Habitat action plan
- August 8, Last day, let’s play!
Register by June 14 for Park Trekkers Family Camp by calling 440-458-5121.
Cost is $10 per child ages 6-10 accompanied by an adult (That’s the fun part.).
Youth Explorer Club runs in two groups, either 10 a.m. to noon or 1-3 p.m. on Tuesdays from June 25 through August 6 at Wellington Reservation at 535 Jones Road near Wellington.
Cost is $10 per child ages 6-12 accompanied by an adult.
Weekly topics to explore include:
- June 25, Birds of Wellington Reservation
- July 2, Weather and shelter
- July 9, Paddling with a parent
- July 16, Fish at Vermilion River Reservation
- July 23, Falconry
- July 30, Fire safety and rocket prep
- August 6, Picnic and rocket launch
Grandparents camp: Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy exploring the outdoors, painting, playing games and being together.
Two dates and locations are available:
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 10 at Amherst Beaver Creek Reservation at 913 N. Lake St. in Amherst. Cost is $8 per person.
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 11 at Cascade Park at 170 Cascade St. in Elyria. Cost is $8 per person.
Register online or by calling 440-458-5121.