Photos courtesy of Metro Creative Connection
A hog roast 6-9 p.m. August 7 at the Goat Restaurant benefits Lake Erie Islands Nature and Wildlife Center.
Tickets cost $20 on site or $15 if pre-purchased at the Wildlife Center on Meechan Road or by credit card over the phone at 419-285-3037.
The meal includes a slow spit-roasted hog with corn, baked potatoes and tasty sides donated by The Goat Soup and Whiskey.
Live island music accompanies a silent auction with unique island prizes.
Lake Erie Islands Nature and Wildlife Center Tours are 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Aug. 14 at a cost of $3 per adult, $2 per child ages 6-13 years, $2 for seniors or $8 for a family group.
Other festivities include:
* Historic Gibraltar Island Tour is 10 a.m. to noon or 1-3 p.m. Aug. 8 at a cost of $5.
* Lake Erie Islands Historical Society Auction spots a 3-5 p.m. viewing Aug. 8, followed by a live auction at 5 p.m. at Heineman Winery on Put-in-Bay.
* Painting at the Lonz Pavilion is 6 p.m. Aug. 9 at Middle Bass Island. Cost is $20.
* Historic South Bass Island Lighthouse Tours are free from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 10 at the South Bass Island Light House on Put-in-Bay.
* Kelleys Island Glacial Groove Tour and Geology Hike is free from 1-3 p.m. Aug. 10 on Kelleys Island.
Other events are featured at lakeerieislandswildlife.com.