Willoughby hosts a Last Stop Willoughby Festival along with a 2019 Corn Roast with activities beginning at 8 a.m. and running all day on Aug. 24 downtown.
Check out the offerings:
* 8 a.m. Willoughby Outdoor Market by city hall
* 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. free Lolly the Trolley tours embark from near the clock at city hall
* 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. ongoing screenings of Twilight Zone episode “A Stop in Willoughby” at Willoughby Public Library.
* 2 p.m. is Last Stop Willoughby parade which begins at South High School at 4900 Shankland Road with cash prizes for best floats and best-decorated bicycles.
* 3 p.m. Corn Roast follows the parade and offers a performance by Blues DeVille, face painting, a balloon artist, a corn-husking contest, cornhole and food in the city hall parking lot.
A Kids Zone with arts and crafts, face painting, a model train, music and a Lego train layout is in Wes Point Park.
For a preview story about Last Stop Willoughby visit The News-Herald’s website for an article by reporter Tyler Rigg:
For information visit a website.
Register to participate in the parade at an event website.