Six historical societies in southern Lorain County collaborate on a road show tour 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 29.
Visitors receive a stamp at each location on a journey steeped in local history and museum treasures.
Guests may start at any location, but must watch for signs at each location:
• Belden Historical Society on the NE corner of SR 303 and SR 83 – Local history and one room school house
• Huntington Historical Society at 27001 SR 58, on the corner of SR 58 and SR 162 – Early homes in Huntington and school house
• LaGrange Historical Society at 113 South Center in LaGrange – Early dairy farms and creameries from early 1900s
• Penfield Historical Society on the corner of SR 18 and SR 301 – Moving a rare find; early one room school house
• Pittsfield Town Hall at the NW corner of SR 58 and SR 303 – 200th anniversary – from Indians to tornadoes
• Wellington Spirit of 76 Museum at 201 North Main St. in Wellington – Archibald Willard and WWII veterans interviews
Visit a Pittsfield Township Historical Society website and download a pdf to print with addresses and a map and places to receive each stamp. After completing the tour, fill out the pdf as an entry to win a $100 gift card.
Photo courtesy of Metro Creative Connection